Affiliation with IGDORE means that you become your own employer, like running your own business but without the administration. IGDORE is thus no employer and offers no pay. However, we do offer the following:
- formal institutional affiliation,
- grant management (indirect costs = 0-20%; flexible and negotiable) in Sweden and Estonia (and thereby access to funding within the European Union)1,
- the opportunity to offer tuition and certain types of consultancy through us (for a small fee we take care of billing and other administration),
- access to our international team of experienced research assistants at cost price2,
- data collections in Sweden (including ethical review)3 at cost price,
- free access to our coworking space on Bali, Indonesia,
- free VPN service for three of your devices via Mullvad.net.
Affiliation with IGDORE is free of charge.
By the end of 2018, we hope to have all required licenses to also start collect research data in Indonesia. Affiliated researchers will then also be able to collect data in Indonesia through IGDORE – from remote or on site – at cost price.
IGDORE requests two things from our affiliated researchers: (1) make your affiliation with IGDORE explicit in all professional contexts (publications, websites, at conferences, presentations, etc); and (2) you need to accept and adhere to our (forthcoming) policy regarding scientific integrity4.
Should you choose to join IGDORE, please send your CV and any other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org. The researchers on the board (currently Etienne LeBel and Rebecca Willén) will review the material and return to you shortly with a decision. This minor review is only to confirm that you truly are a professional and trained researcher; we do not make any other assessment of your merits or work.
1 For grant management in the United States, we recommend Ronin Institute. It’s possible to be affiliated with several institutes at the same time. You can also at the same time be affiliated with a traditional university.
2 Research assistants are also available to external researchers, but when hired by our affiliated researchers, we do not charge a fee / indirect costs.
3 Independent scientists can get their research ethically reviewed in Sweden on the same terms as scientists affiliated with a traditional university. This makes data collections in Sweden particularly suitable for independent scientists.
4 We will in large assume the policy employed by Eindhoven Technical University and modify it. The policy includes the expectation to apply certain open scientific practices, such as making research data open to colleagues. It’s perfectly okay to not already be familiar with these practices or how to apply them when joining IGDORE; we will provide all support and information you need to learn them. There is also the possibility of hiring our research assistants to let them take care of the open practices on your behalf, should you not have the time for it yourself.